Sunday 26 August 2012

25-27/3/2012 - Iguazu falls part 2 – The Argentinian side

The Argentinian side of Iguazu did a pretty good job of winning me over to the waterfall cause again. Compared to the Brazilian side, you felt like you were actually walking around the waterfalls as opposed to gazing at them from afar. And obviously I had to do the obligatory power-boat ride which took you right under the many roaring torrents. My flimsy poncho, which I'd bought at Colca Canyon did little except to trap more water and deposit it on my already soaked clothes as the driver of the boat plunged us ever further into the spray. Although saturated with tourists, the large array of paths leading thought the forest and providing access to the plethora of different waterfalls made the place feel a lot more wild than the other side.





Arriving back in Puerto Iguazu I got my act together and boarded a bus which would take me to Mendoza, Argentina's fourth largest city, a mere 36 hours away. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment