Monday 24 October 2011

17/10/2011 - Waterfall trekking (day 2): Angel Falls


After a couple of boat rides along the river and several mini hikes we arrived at Angel Falls. Getting to the waterfall and taking photos felt like a bit of a box-ticker but the journey to the falls, especially racing along the river with the dramatic tepuis (flat topped mountains) on either side of us, was great. I also realised that the film “Up” was based on this landscape and it turns out the animation team actually came to Angel Falls while working on the film. We spent the night in hammocks under a constructed shelter which is just as well because it was absolutely pouring it down. I also got my first taste of the side effects of my anti-malarial medication as my stomach churned away under the weight of my dinner of chicken and rice. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment